Want to save money on food? Prefer to spend your money o
n a new pair of heels or a stylish jacket to stay warm this winter? You know the old saying ‘There’s no such thing as a free lunch.’ Well. Unless you are bulk cooking on a Sunday afternoon or skipping supermarket shops, there’s no such thing as a free dinner either! You’ll read plenty of ways to save money on food on my website, and here are some more to keep that extra cash coming in.
Tactics to beware of include chefs delivering those gourmet recipes, which include too-expensive ingredients, nifty little mobile apps that entice you back into a store and special signs placed strategically near items that may not be on special.
But those recipes look so delicious!
Beware of chef endorsed recipes and recipe cards. The ingredients required to make these recipes may be inflated.
Don’t just shop at a supermarket because they have a fancy mobile app. Make sure you are shopping there to save money. Supermarkets skim dollars and cents off every single item in a store.
Supermarket apps encourage users to add even more items to their shopping lists. This doubles the temptation to spend, first when creating a shopping list before leaving and then again at the store where temptation is shoved in your face and your willpower is weakened by those bright lights.
If you are going to choose an app to write your shopping list go for ones that are not made by the companies also selling the food!
Stay focused on your shopping list
Beware of loyalty cards. You might get $50 at the end of the year but you will pay much more than that in the supermarket in just a few visits!
Beware of special signs. Sometimes they are placed near items that aren’t actually on special. This is an illusion.
Items are often on special for a reason. This reason is usually lack of demand! People do not want or like this product! So if you do not need it, do not buy it. Keep walking. What was next on that list?
Need more great tips for saving money on food?
- 75+ awesome ways to save on alcohol
- 250 essential tips for saving on food and groceries
- 50 sneaky ways to hide fruit and veggies in food
- 130+ easy cook-ahead dinners for the freezer
- 150+ beaut budget dinner ideas
- 50+ simple meal ideas using sausages
- 250+ super foods for a better you
- 100 happy and healthy high fibre foods
- 50 great ideas for using up roast beef leftovers
- 100 wicked ways with a supermarket roast chicken
- 300+ easy ideas for a happy lunch box
- 100 easy dinner ideas using minced beef
- 50 simple ways to use up leftover Christmas ham
- 100+ budget meal ideas using Aldi ingredients